Sunday, July 5, 2009

Happy 4th of July!

Me and Mommy got back from California really early yesterday (saturday) morning. I did really well on the plane rides, well, for the most part at least. There were a few point where I wasn't very happy, but those moments were short lived. We had a whole row to ourselves. Meaning what exactly? I got my own seat, and not one seat, but two seats that I got to alternate between! I also discovered something else that I really liked on the plane. It's that thing in the back of the seat in front of you with the picture of the plane on it. It's colorful, and has a few different planes on there! Mommy said it was the safety brochure or something like that. Whatever it was, I had to have it!

I was happy to see Daddy too! I was pretty tired, since it was the middle of the night and all, and I didn't sleep on the planes at all or while I played at the USO when we were waiting for Daddy. So I slept the whole car ride home. And the rest of the night.

Last night, we went to a BBQ at a friend's house. It was a lot of fun. There were a lot of kids there, and they had a pool out, and a pinata too! When it came time to start the fireworks, we all were in chairs in the driveway. There was a mishap, though. One of the Daddys was holding a bunch of the big sparkler things and one of the kids lit them all at once. I was only like 2 feet away from them sitting in my chair, waiting for Mommy to hold a sparkler with me that she was going to light. That's when the bunch in the dad's hand combust! They like, blew up! Right in front of my face! The daddy had dropped them but not before he hurt his hand pretty badly. And afterwards, I was shaking and didn't want to sit down again. I kept telling Mommy and Daddy inside. I did ok when I was sitting in one of their laps watching the other fireworks, but I still just wanted inside. If they put me down, I'd run quick into the garage. It really scared me! I wasn't hurt though, and Mommy was right there with me to make sure I didn't get hurt. The Daddy was helped by one of the other daddys who is a rn and then he went to the hospital. His hand didn't look too good.

Later, I was playing inside with the other kids. I'm not scared of the fireworks if I'm with Mommy or Daddy, but any other time, I think I'll pass. For now at least.

Hope everyone else had a Happy 4th of July and a safe one too!!

Pictures to come later!

No comments:

Post a Comment